The Cannon is a Heavy Weapon that is available at the Fortress in Tech Level 4. It is a long-ranged siege unit that is effective against buildings. It causes a lot of damage, so it can also take out units, but its slow shots are easy to dodge, so this is not recommended. The Cannon should always be protected by other units.
"Each civilisation may construct its own powerful Cannon at Tech Level 4. These slow-moving, vulnerable artillery pieces cannot fire until deployed. Then, the Cannon's extremely long-ranged attack can easily destroy enemy buildings and Walls. Cannons are also effective against Ships, and their attacks can even he used to deforest areas. Note that Cannons have a minimum effective range, and thus are susceptible to ambushes. Also note that Cannons cannot move while deployed, just as they cannot attack while undeployed. It takes a few moments for Cannons to switch between their two states, and they are always produced from the Fortress in undeployed form. To use an undeployed cannon, click on a target, and the cannon will move to its maximum range, undeploy automatically, and fire at the target."
List of Cannons Edit
- Confederacy: Geonosian Sonic Cannon
- Galactic Empire: Shock Cannon
- Gungans: Fambaa Sonic Cannon
- Rebel Alliance: Blaster Cannon
- Republic: Ball Gun
- Royal Naboo: Royal Cannon
- Trade Federation: Bio Cannon
- Wookiees: Decimator Cannon
- All of the cannons with the exception of the Confederacy and Republic ones were first introduced to the Star Wars universe by Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds. The Confederacy cannon was introduced by Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones and the Republic cannon was introduced by Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds: Clone Campaigns.