Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds is a 2001 real time strategy game, developed by Ensemble Studios. The game was built on the Genie Engine technology that was used to build the Age of Empires II game. An expansion pack was released in 2002, featuring elements from Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones.
The base version of the game includes six civilizations from the Star Wars universe. The expansion pack, Clone Campaigns, added two more.
Base Game Civilizations Edit
- Galactic Empire - The main antagonists from the original Star Wars trilogy. They have strong mechs and troopers.
- Gungans - An aquatic alien race from the planet of Naboo. They focus on ships and organic mechs.
- Rebel Alliance - Adversaries of the Galactic Empire with exceptional air units and troopers.
- Royal Naboo - The human civilization from the planet of Naboo. They have strong air units and Jedi.
- Trade Federation - The droid army and their leaders from Episode I, also with good mechs and ships.
- Wookiees - A hairy alien race inhabiting the planet Kashyyyk. They have great troopers and air units.