The Clone Campaigns is the expansion to the original Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds. It was released on May 14, 2002, shortly before the release of Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones. It introduced two new civilizations, two new campaigns, and a few units and technologies available to other civilization. The expansion also included a lot of minor gameplay changes.
- Confederacy - The Confederacy of Independent Systems (CIS) is good at both troopers and mechs.
- Republic - The Galactic Republic or Old Republic is the benevolent predecessor to the Galactic Empire. They have exceptionally good Jedi and clone troopers.
- Confederacy: The dark clouds of galactic strife form over the mysterious planet GEONOSIS. SEV'RANCE TANN, a Confederacy officer and Jedi Master, rushes to join her leader, Count Dooku, on the rocky surface. But a Republic counterattack looms just beyond the landing site...
- Galactic Republic: It is a perilous point in history for the Galactic Republic. Fearing a collapse of energy production, Mace Windu, of the Jedi Council, orders ECHUU SHEN-JON, Jedi Master, to the secret world of GEONOSIS. Joining him on his quest is Stam Reath, an impetuous young Padawan with a zest for battle. The secessionist movement, under the control of Count Dooku, has never been stronger, and Echuu fears a Galactic Civil War may be upon the Jedi...
Confederacy and Republic unique units are not listed below, only units available to other civilizations.
- Air Cruiser: A slow, but long-ranged and incredibly powerful aircraft that can siege towns from the air.
- Power Droid: A cheap, weak, mobile Power Core.
- A-wing (Rebel Alliance only): A lightly armored, but incredibly fast aircraft that excels at hit-and-run attacks.
- A-wing Research (Rebel Alliance only): Lets the player build A-wings.
- Anti-Air Retrofit: Gives additional range and Line of Sight to anti-air units.
- Efficient Buildings: Causes powered buildings to work faster than before.
- Power Core Shielding: Gives the Power Core a shield.
- Strengthened Assembly: Increases the Hit Points of Power Cores and Power Droids.
- Superconducting Shields: Decreases shield recharge time. Shields last longer when units move out of their area of effect.
- Strengthened Superstructure: Gives Shield Generators more Hit Points.