The Worker is the most basic unit in the game, available in Tech Level 1 at the Command Center. It costs 50 Food. As the serf-type unit in the game, Workers collect resources (Carbon, Food, Nova, and Ore), construct and repair buildings, and repair mechanical units, such as ships and Mechs.
Workers are vital if the player wants to have any sort of economy. Experts recommend that at least half of the player's population should consist of Workers. If the player desires to quickly cripple the enemy, destroying the enemy's Command Center(s) and killing all of their Workers will, under most circumstances, cause them to quickly resign, as they will have no economy to sustain military production.
List of Workers Edit
- Confederacy: Geonosian Worker
- Galactic Empire: Imperial ASP-7
- Gungans: Gungan Glurrg
- Rebel Alliance: Rebel R2-D5
- Republic: Kaminoan Droid, which is similar to the WA-7 service droid
- Royal Naboo: Royal Naboo PKN-49
- Trade Federation: Trade Federation OX9
- Wookiees: Wookiee Villager